Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Yerba Mate: Drink of Champions

One of the best things I learned about in Argentina (besides Gardel and Maradona, of course) was Yerba Mate.

It's a delicious tea/coffee alternative that is traditionally drunk through a metal straw from a gourd filled with loose leaves, but I prefer my tea in a bag - so much easier.

Some of it's perks:
- contains a natural caffeine, similar to green tea
- tons of antioxidants
- metabolism booster, appetite suppressant
- fights bad breath! (who knew!?)

You can find it in health food stores and fancy-schmancy grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  I highly recommend trying it out - it may even improve your tango!


Drink Mate.  You can look just like him!

2 comments:

  1. If anyone needs any lessons on serving and pouring mate I'm a master.

    ReplyDelete