Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Kundalini Yoga

I've taken my fair share of yoga classes (Hatha, Bikram, Vinyasa, Power) and after all this time I think I've finally found a favorite way to harness my chi. It's all about the Kundalini, baby.

Kundalini literally means, "the unlimited potential that already exists within every being" and that is exactly what it helps you tap into. You WILL be able to walk the next day, so if you're looking for a hardcore workout stick with power yoga.

This type of yoga connects the mind, body, and spirit with a lot of breathing techniques, poses, and movement. I can't believe how calm and rejuvenated I feel after each session. My friend, Jessie, introduced it to me, but since she lives in California I've found the next best thing in Maya Fiennes. I absolutely love her DVD set and have only been able to find it here. If living room yoga isn't your cup of chai, there are also bound to be some classes at a yoga studio near you. I highly recommend you take a journey through the chakras.

.
Namaste to all y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Kundilini believes there's a serpent coiled in your lower spine. The entire practice is focused on releasing this snake and all the energy that comes with him. Crazy, huh?!

    Lauren
    http://blog.koda.us/

    ReplyDelete